OUR SIMPLE PREP SHEET
Hi good ol’ shooting star family! I have pretty much a little bit of everything up here on this website. We sure like to blog and stay current! We wanted to write out a little prep guide for our clients to make the best out of your session. I do get questioned, from time to time, in how it works with the stylizing services that we offer. I do try and be as cohesive as possible to make the experience fun for my customers and I honestly keep the process very easy and convenient for everyone.
COMPLIMENTARY WARDROBE OR WARDROBE STYLING
- I provide dress for girls and a few for moms. I also have boy offerings. These are all a courtesy for our customers… IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU NEED TO WEAR THEM.
Often times, I get many customers who show up dressed and READY TO KILL.
If you do wear our offerings…
- I send out a questionnaire to all customers, even to special/mini sessions. It helps me to get to know you and your family a little better. I like capturing personality of people and this helps me to get to know my clients.
- This questionnaire is also pretty awesome because YOU can tell me what you expect to get out of your session.
- I ask for sizes.
- I often times can email a client what I am thinking of having their child wearing. If not the case, I bring a whole truckload of dresses to choose from based around the theme and setting.
HOW TO ARRIVE TO YOUR STYLIZED SESSION
- I do recommend a very fresh-faced look. NO makeup, well-moisturized skin. Lipgloss or chapstick to keep lips moist and from cracking during our session.
- In terms of hair, I like long and loose curls. Nothing crazy or dramatic. I honestly love capturing kids for who they really are and I prefer a more natural approach. No long hair, no problem. We love short hair, too! Simple and fresh cut is always a plus about a week before your session.I can provide headpieces that will coordinate with your dresses. Just ask!
- I do suggest leggings if it is cold out. We can generally hide them under the dresses. I do provide shawls or furs for extra comfort during the cold winter months.
- Shoe choices… I prefer neutrals.. silver, gold, black, brown, taupe. They will go with anything and not be too distractive of an element in your photographs.
- Try and wear neutral undergarments so that you aren’t having any crazy patterns or colors bleed through your clothing. IE. No black bras with a white tshirt… Unless, you are a rebel.. Then rock it.
As you see above, a very simple and easy preparation guide. I provide a wardrobe tent when on location for privacy in getting changed.
I truly want my customers to have a seamless experience from start to finish. I will pretty much take care of everything. All you need to do is show up!
Hopefully, this was a nice little article for you and I hope to see you soon! Feel free to reach out with ANY QUESTIONS. ALWAYS HERE TO HELP!
Shooting Star Photography